Sunday, November 7, 2010

My first BLOG entry!!

So if you're wondering about my blog name......
It seems like our family is always in FAST-FORWARD mode.  We get up while it's still dark, rush around getting ready for our various destinations, then run out of the door (inevitably forgetting something).  I breathe a tiny sigh of relief when I make it to work on time and everyone is where they are "supposed" to be.  But should my son really be at daycare?  Is public school right for my child, or should I home-school?  These are dilemmas that I struggle with.

In the afternoon, I drive like a madwoman to pick up the little ones.  If we're lucky, we can go home and I scrape something together for dinner.  On most nights, though, we zoom to any one of various activities and go through a drive-thru on the way home. Again, it's dark by this time. The little ones complete their homework while we scarf down a meal.  Next we splash the kids with some water and try to find some pajamas that fit since I'm behind on laundry.  I tuck them into bed after a story (or three) and then start the crazy race of cleaning, dishes, laundry, and whatever assignments from work that need to be completed.  If I'm lucky, my dear husband is home to help with these chores.  If he's lucky, he's out of town that day.  Just kidding.....kind of. 

The next day starts the whole thing all over again.  On the weekends it seems that we play catch-up for all the things we didn't get to do during the week. 

Does this sound familiar to you?  So what's the solution?
I started this blog as a vent for moms who need a lifeline that YES! This too shall pass.  We can make it easier while it passes by sharing discounts and great finds. 

But more than that, let's share some tips to help each other get through the struggles of this whirlwind we call life. No judgments allowed, share your ideas and dirty little secrets that help you get by.  Post and comment on your great deals, favorites, ideas to keep the kids happy, and anything else that's on your mind.   Let's all take a minute to PAUSE.  Before we know it, the kids will be grown and we'll wonder where the time went.  Let's enjoy it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment